16 July 2011

And we wonder where the women scientists are...

As reported by the Council of Graduate Schools, care of the Ph.D. Completion Project...
* Women comprise only slightly more than one third of PhD students at large American research universities.
* Women in STEM fields complete their PhDs at notably lower rates -- somewhere between seven and nine percent -- than men.

As overheard by me, care of two female STEM graduate students on the patio of a local coffee shop...
"Do you know what her P.I. said?"
"No. What?"
"'After everything we've done for her, I can't believe she's pregnant.'"

2 comments:

  1. You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the article you write.
    The world hopes for more passionate writers such
    as you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. At all times go after your heart.
    Take a look at my website :: the truth teller show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a
    similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of
    spam comments? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.
    My site :: neucopia

    ReplyDelete